maandag 28 mei 2012

Billy Preston - That's the way God planned it (1969)




"That's the way God planned it" was  single nr. 12 op het Beatles APPLE label.

Muzikanten :

Billy Preston – vocals, piano, orgel, backing vocals
George Harrison – electrische en acoustische gitaar
Eric Clapton – electrische gitaar
Keith Richards – bas
Ginger Baker – drums, tambourine
Doris Troy – backing vocals
Madeline Bell – backing vocals


Uit de liner notes van Derek Taylor :

"Billy Preston is the best thing to happen to Apple this year. He’s young and beautiful and kind and he sings and plays like the son of God."

Billy Preston :

"Music is my life and every day I live it, and it’s a good life to everything I want to say through music it gets to you. I may not be the best around but I’m surely not the worst. I learned to play and sing since the age of three, you don’t know how glad I am God laid his hands on me. Apple is the Company for all people that know where it’s at and love love peace love joy and all mankind. I am very grateful to be a part of it. It won’t be long before we change the whole system that holds and keeps the artist’s mind messed up. All thanks must be given to the fab Beatles. People should realize that what they have gone through has not been in vain and they are using it to the best of their ability."


That's the way God planned it



What about you ?





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten